Automation engineering consists of designing, programming, simulating and testing automated machinery that performs specific tasks that would otherwise be done manually by humans. The automation of a process need not be on a large scale, but on a small scale as well. For example, it may take a person several hours and several manual steps to accomplish a task, such as, running various tests on a hydraulic component. Solution? Develop automation that allows the test engineer to setup and configure the test environment with minimal effort and accurately produce results. Time is saved through efficiency and accuracy, and that’s money saved.
Here are some examples of where automation engineering would apply:
- Error-proofing a process
- Automating a manual process
- Quality inspections, ie. visualization
- Machinery improvements
- Energy efficiency projects
Benefits of Automation Engineering
- Increases Performance: Wasted time by manual operation is eliminated or reduced increasing performance.
- Increases Productivity: Automation doesn’t take breaks thereby increasing productivity.
- Improves Quality: Automating a process will produce consistent and predictable results every time.
- Improves Safety: Allowing a machine to perform a repetitive task can reduce workplace injuries and costs associated with them.
- Little Training Required: Minimal training is involved allowing anyone to operate. Simple setup and a press of a button is usually all that is needed.
How can we help?
To help us better understand your needs, fill out the form below or call us.